Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. We must make small gradual changes to our health!
One of the absolute hardest parts of healthy eating is being out on the go and you get hungry. Yeah, you can grab a protein bar, yada yada. But, even that gets old after awhile. What you want is to grab a filling sandwich, salad or soup just like everyone else – But, you want it to be a healthy, nutritious, guilt free meal. And, dare I add nice ambiance into the mix?
Delicious Munch Menu
In walks the healthy fast food spot Munch. Munch, located in Solon, Ohio is ran by super nice husband and wife Scott and Jamie. Their menu specializes in healthy vegetarian soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches, along with high-quality meats for meat lovers. Got a bit of a sweet tooth? Special treats include freshly baked cookies, ice-cream, smoothies, parfaits, and chocolate (and or almond) milk.
Local artists artwork line the walls.
And, if things couldn’t get any better, the décor of this place is absolutely gorgeous! It’s full of artwork from local Cleveland artists, beautiful wooden tables and delightful music!
My girls enjoying the food and sights.
The kids enjoyed off the bone turkey sandwiches, full of romaine lettuce and cheese, along with a bowl of delicious onion soup. We splurged a little bit off the healthy track and let the girls select from a wide variety of local kettle chips and chocolate almond milk.
A vegetarian selection – Papa’s Portabella Melt
My hubby, being the vegetarian that he is, was highly pleased with his pita sandwich. The Papa’s Portabella came stuffed with marinated portobello mushrooms, red onions & herbed mayo. He added some bean sprouts for extra veggies.
Turkey lover’s would enjoy the Moe’s Home Roasted Turkey Breast.
My teen and I also enjoyed some turkey off the bone on pita better known as Moe’s Home Roasted Turkey Breast. It was stuffed with melted cheese, tomato, lettuce, red, green and yellow bell pepper. I also selected the bean sprouts and herbed mayo. The homemade all natural pickles were also an added delight!
All in all, I would highly recommend Munch when considering my next “on the go” meal, or even for a break from the typical food places you go to. We are all guilty of “insanity” at some point in our lives. We want more for our business, but we don’t do anything new to change the outcome. We want better relationships, but we don’t do any internal soul searching within. And, we want a healthier lifestyle and body, but we don’t do anything new to change our eating habits or exercise more.
Healthy Drink options on tap! Gotta love it!
Thank goodness for healthy eating places such as Munch that recognize people do want “real” food and cucumber water as a selection. If you are trying to make a switch to a healthier lifestyle, here are some small things you can do NOW that can make all the difference in the world to your body.
1) Eliminate the can foods – prepare fresh soups and put in freezer. That way when the kids or someone is sick, you are not reaching for a can that’s been on a shelf for months.
2) Eliminate the Lawry’s Seasoning Salt and the dancing lady with umbrella – Believe it or not, Pink Himalayan salt, black peppercorn and garlic cloves make great natural seasoning. They also hold very unique health benefits.
3) Eliminate the “fake fruits juices” – just say no to high fructose anything!
4) Eliminate the Cow’s Milk – as hard as a pill this may be to swallow our bodies were not made to consume cow milk. Cow’s milk can disrupt the digestive track and is made from mucus. Believe me, we still love our cheese, but we are slowly trying to eliminate it. Daya cheese is a delicious tasting cow free alternative. Even replacing your regular consumption with Almond or Rice milk is a great start.
5) Eliminate the plastic – plastic is not a good receptacle for water, drinks, or food to be stored in. That plastic gets into our bodies and can cause all types of problems. Do your best to limit your plastic consumption by keeping things stored in glass containers or BPA free containers. Glass containers are becoming very popular and can easily be bought online or by recycling glass jugs from the store and filling them with water.
6) Eliminate the fake sugar products: syrup’s, sweeteners, dollar store honey. Buy local honey native to your area at local farmers markets. Period, pretty much!
7) Eliminate the fast foods – limit as often as you can. Visit local eateries in your area such as Munch!
8) Stay away from commercial grocery stores – more than likely if there is a particular store chain on every corner, the less and less you are getting away from fresh, local organic food choices that are not full of all the additives that our bodies do not need.
To view the menu and for more information visit Munch at http://www.munch216.com/